Saturday, January 3, 2009

the beginning...

I guess I'm starting this blog a bit late but here goes...
I'm kinda a bit sceptical about this whole thing cos im kinda like 'as if i don't have one million and one other things to do for college'. But it could be fun, could be a good outlet for me to rant and rave when I'm stressed and going crazy! So, I'm not even completely sure how these blog things work, I am a blog virgin!! 
Guess I will give you guys a brief background of what is going on... (that is presuming that anyone is even gonna read about the random goings on in the mind of a demented fashion student!)
So the reason behind the blog is that I have been chosen as finalist for the Nokia Young Fashion Designer Award and I am planning to trace the journey, which I am guessing is gonna be pretty stressful! (seen as I have eleventy million other things going on with college... theses, collection, computer projects, technical projects, and so on)
When I found out I was chosen to be finalist I could NOT believe it, like things like this don't happen to me! was absolutely delighted and then slowly started to regret it when i realised i have to figure out how in god's name I am gonna be able to knit a dress of beads!!! 
So I have ordered all I need.... 250m of fused beads!!!, stones and jersey so now all I have to do is sit and wait for it to arrive while trying to figure the whole thing out.
Watch this space for the progress.....
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I'm interested in Nokia Competition 2010.
    I know you were the finalist of the last one. Could you advise me where I can get the information about
    the inspiration theme?
    where and when to apply?
    and entry requirements?

    thank you very much. I will be looking forward to hear from you.
    polina

    ReplyDelete